Our corporate experience includes:
- RULG has been representing EBRD in Ukraine on various projects, and in addition conducted a Ukrainian part for the EBRD detailed research project on insolvency (insolvency or bankruptcy administrators), which covered more than 20 countries in which EBRD is active. The project aimed to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the legal and professional framework for insolvency administrators and thereby promote future reforms and the sharing of best practice between the jurisdictions.
- Developing project concepts and advising on choosing the best corporate form for Ukrainian subsidiaries and joint ventures.
- Consulting with our clients on various options for investing in Ukraine, with emphasis on such issues as: investment protection, repatriation of profits, taxation, observance of all financing formalities and registrations relevant to investments, insurance and risk assessment in respect to each project.
- Incorporating new Ukrainian subsidiaries and restructuring existing legal entities as investment vehicles, as well as establishing representative offices for foreign companies. These tasks generally include drafting founding documents, handling registrations with the relevant governmental bodies, opening bank accounts, handling registrations with the tax inspectorate and the various social funds and other steps required for the normal operations of legal entities and representative offices.
- Advising on other corporate issues as they arise during the operation of Ukrainian subsidiaries and representative offices, including advice on the procedures and formalities required for the proper operation of managing bodies, drafting documents to deal with various corporate issues, assisting in transfers of shares and advising on the procedures for paying out dividends.
- Advising on proper corporate structure and assisting with the restructuring of companies.
- Obtaining necessary licenses and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Assisting with on-going internal company or representative office issues such as organizing shareholders and board meetings, properly documenting such meetings, drafting internal documentation to ensure compliance with the Ukrainian legislation, assisting with purchase and sale of shares in joint stock companies and helping with obtaining and disposing of interests in limited liability companies.
- Assisting with corporate restructuring, reorganization and liquidation.
- Assisting with drafting and implementation of various types of domestic and international transactions, drafting model contracts and assisting with contractual documentation.